Thursday, May 12, 2011

Really, Hollywood? REALLY?

(As per Ashley's request, I'm posting this now instead of tomorrow.  You lucky dogs, you.)

To make up for the fact that I didn't post for a while, here's a list of real things that, while I SERIOUSLY QUESTION their necessity or validity, are actually happening in Hollywood.  Where I am able I have linked to a news article or IMDB page to prove that there is, in fact, some shit even I can't make up.

Hobo With A Shot Gun (I know, this is old news, but WHY)
Men in Black III (Will Smith, you are a quality actor with a dynasty-esque family.  Do you really feel the need to inflict this on us?  Because even though I WANT it to be an apology for MIB2, you know it will just hurt my feelings more.)
Piranha 3DD (Was one D not enough?  Also, David Hasselhoff is in it.  That was a gift for you guys.)
Dominion: Dinosaurs vs. Aliens (Don't lie, you think this sounds kind of awesome.  But it still gets a REALLY? stamp because this whole "versus" crap is now squarely in "self-parody" territory.)
Final Destination 5 (Apparently they're spelling the title with a 5 replacing every "a." I...I can't, you guys. And I LIKED the first one.)
Human Centipede volumes 2 and 3 (Here I'll just take the opportunity to refer you back to my previous entry, Human Centi-WHUT)
Tomb Raider reboot (This is so ridiculous I can't even be witty about it.)
Django Unchained (Just watch the movies referenced in this article that Tarantino lists as his "inspirations," and you'll have seen this film.  Dear Tarantino: I am over you.)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (The most hilarious thing about this is that James Franco is in it.  I thought he was too much of a ~special snowflake~ to do a cheesy reboot of a cheesy remake of a terrible sci-fi movie.)

Oh, HOLLYWOOD.




1 comment:

  1. The biggest problem I have with Planet of the Apes is that its a terrible adaptation of a decent sci-fi novel. It's French and explores the inherent classism and caste systems of society. But no, chimps with guns on horseback is close enough for Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete